Re: Out it comes

To: John.Deikis@med.va.gov
Subject: Re: Out it comes
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 20:35:15 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
John.Deikis@med.va.gov wrote:

> Saw a 1/4-inch off the two slave cylinder bolts to make it easier to
> re-install through the monkey hole.
> After I did that, I it occured to me that I could just turn the monkey hole
> into a gorilla hole and get both hands, my snooker, and a long cigar in
> there to re-connect the clutch hydraulics. Made a screw on access door out
> of an old fender panel in about 4 minutes using a cut-off wheel attached to
> a die grinder.
>
> Frank--  At least an hour of that has to
> be spent on getting the radiator back in and those formerly captive > nuts in
> the valence to hop in front of the bolts!  I want to learn your > tricks!

1/4 28 pan head philips screws and a cordless screw gun.
We replaced a water pump on a stock Bugeye in the parking lot of a diner
just before the PA rally. It took longer for the coolant to drain,
that's what held us up. under 30 minutes for a water pump change and
that includes out/in and refill of the radiator.
I undo the screws while it's draining, if I'm in a hurry I just pop off
the bottom hose but the clean up takes forever that way.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ