Re: was size limits, now lights, again

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: was size limits, now lights, again
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 19:25:01 -0700 (PDT)
RE:
--- "Paul A. Asgeirsson"
<Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>...look closely
> at how the plug to the headlamp is wired.
 Looking directly at the back of the bulb, here is a
> diagram         2
>                 _
>          1  |        |  3
> The one numbered 1 should be the ground,  2 is the
> low beam, 3 is the high beam.

EUREKA!!!! I think you solved the puzzle. I have not
installed the new light receptacles yet, but tried the
foot powered dimmer switch. Got one at Odd O'zone for
about 4 bucks. It worked the same as the other switch
but your diagram above is most likely the problem
solver. When I got the car, nothing worked. So I took
the headlights out of the buckets, and cleaned the
connections. Passenger side used 3 individual slide on
clips. Driver side receptacle was so bad I had to cut
the plastic apart to get the slip on connectors to
align with the three prongs at all. I am sure that I
used the number 2 prong as ground. Duuh.

Now what was said previously makes sense. First thing
in the morning I will switch the prongs to match your
diagram. I am sure it will correct the problem, and I
will install the new 3 prong connectors to make sure I
don't lapse into dumb and do it again next time I have
to change lamps.  I also like the footswitch and think
I will wire it in permanently.

Will let you know how it goes.

thanks, bill b '69 Sprite
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs