newbie questions continued.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: newbie questions continued.
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 21:57:24 EDT
I was asking previously about my brake light problem. Well, it is fixed..
sort of.

the problem was the missing washer pump. Once hooked up the brake light
started working (sort of) It does not work all the time. An not necessarily
both of them.

At first I had the wife behind the car checking and it seemed to work, but
the left brake light was not as bright  or sometimes not light up at all or
sometimes both.I then got out and tried it with a long stick so I could see
it for my self and it did not work at all. I got back in and it still did not
work.

The weird part. I turned on the headlights and both tail lights lit up and
then the brake lights started working again same as above, inconsistent.

The engine was running the whole time. It is too inconsistent to be loose
wiring in  the rear.. Could it be the brake light switch?  Here is a far out
thought I had not being an auto mechanical expert, but the battery was dead
and I had just jumped it to get it started. Could low power be the culprit?
(don't laugh, please if I am far out there)

As usual, your help is appreciated.

BTW - '76 midget
Jeremy