Brake rod

To: Spridget ML <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake rod
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 23:58:00 -0400
OK, now that it's been brought up, how long should the brake rod be?
When I got "Little Bits" the rods were in a bag, both with the stop nuts
and pins removed. I have the clutch working at what seems pretty good.
The brakes will pump up and hold firm, but when you drive, they are firm
but the pedal goes way down before becoming firm and stopping power is a
little weak. Should I lengthen or shorten to get the pedal to come up
higher? I'm thinking longer, so I get more stroke into the master cyl.
sooner. What are the expert opinions?

Thanks
Dave & Bobbie Carpenter
Pittsburgh, PA
60 3000 "Healey Bits" (in more pieces than they built it from)
60 Bugeye "Little Bits" click the link below for pictures
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm
Pictures from Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/pvgp.htm