1500 Spitfridget advise needed

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 Spitfridget advise needed
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:18:51 -0400
Hey All,

I got a call from a friend who has a Spitfire.  The car has been at the
paint shop for the past 4 or 5 months.  The paint is finally finished and he
has begun to drive it.

The car is a 1500, 20 over on the bore, mild street cam, dual 1.5 SU's,
electric fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator.  The motor is in excellent
condition with about 5000 miles on a very well done rebuild.

It ran great when he took it to the paint shop but some problems have
surfaced.

It won't idle very well and it runs rough.  He pulled the plugs and they
were "black" from running rich.  New plugs and 60 miles later - same thing.

First, I will clean and check the carbs, which I suspect is the problem.

Since I'm accustomed to the 1275, my question is:

Is there anything specific to the 1500 I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Kevin V.