Special Carb setup

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Special Carb setup
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:05:38 -0400
Hello listers

My car is a 75 Midget
I've owned it for a little over three years now
And have yet to come by someone with the same carb
Installation.

I have the 1500 engine with dual SU except my carbs are
1 1/4" SU HS2 AUD275 from a 67/68 Spitfire (1296 engine)
Needles have been changed and a lot of tuning done...
they sometimes overflow when hot and vaporlock due to improper
Heatshield protecting the floats from the header. Since its a mod job I need
to replace the heatshield that was made when this installation was done its
not large enough and heat still makes its way to the floats

Now I baught the car like that, I've done a lot on the car
Since I've baught it and am now coming to that crossroads..
The carbs.

1) Has any of you here seen or driven a car with a similar setup as mine
If so does the fact that I have HS2 carbs where I should have HS4 mean that
the car is lacking power? I have yet to try a car with dual HS4.

2) I'm questionning wether I should buy a new set of HS4 carbs as they are
kind of expensive...and I cant seem to find any used AUD665s

Thanks for your comments