Up your performance!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Up your performance!
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:07:26 -0700
 Coriolis Force;  the apparent force caused by the earths rotation which
serves to deflect a moving body on the surface of the earth to the right in
the northern hemisphere, but to the left in the southern hemisphere.  The
 Frech mathematician Gaspard Gustave de Coriolis discussed the effects of
rotation coordinate systems in 1844, but the first complete explanation of
 this apparent force was by William Ferrel in 1859, hence Ferrel's law.
 (Dictionary of geological terms)
     The so-called Coriolis acceleration, which is accelerating relative to
the fixed stars because of the rotation of the earth.  Atmospheric and
 oceanographic flows experience the so-called Coriolis acceleration, it is
typically less then 1E-5 g, where g is the acceleration of gravity, but its
accumulated effect over distances of many kilometers can be dominant in
 geophysical flow. By contrast, the Coriolis acceleration is negligible in
small-scale problems like pipe or airfoil flows. (Fluid Mechanics, Frank M
 White)
   It seems to me that you NEED one on the inlet side to increase the flow
rate and one on the outlet side to decrease the same flow rate.  These guys
 have a great thing going they sell you something to increase the flow at
one end and then sell you the same thing to decrease the flow at the other
end.
 I would buy both but am afraid if I got one in backwards it  would total my
 engine.
         Crash