Re: master cylinder question

To: "Matthew R. Lawrence" <mlawrence@datasys.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: master cylinder question
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:05:32 -0700
Matthew,

If it's new and it's already leaking from the piston, return it, it's
either a bad rebuild or if it's a "real" new one, it's gone bad from
corrosion or shrunken seals. Tjhat said however, you might check first and
make sure that it's not leaking from the cap. I've found that if you
overfill them even slightly, fluid will migrate through the cap threads and
dribble down the fron making it look like the piston is leaking.

Gerard

At 12:21 PM -0400 8/16/02, Matthew R. Lawrence wrote:
>How does one go about stopping a leak in the master brake cylinder?  This is a
>new mc for the 1500.  I believe the leak is from underneath the rubber boot or
>whatever it is called where the plunger goesinto the master cylinder to put
>pressure on the fluid as the fluid is slowly going down my brake pedal.  Yes,
>despite my "taste test" I recently described, it is definitley brake fluid.
>It is taking the dye off my shoes.  I quess I drank too much cheap whisky in
>college and my tastebuds aren't what they could be.
>
>Matthew R. Lawrence

Search for Low Airfares, Great Hotel Deals,
Car Rentals Discounts and Vacations and Cruises
http://partner.onetravel.com/go/go.cfm?GoID=32421

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com