Clutch Problems

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Problems
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:41:46 -0700
Well things have been going too good it seems.

We put a couple of hundred miles on the Bugeye this weekend running around
to the various car things that go on here the weekend of the historic races.

Friday night we did the cruise that always takes place the weekend of the
historic's. About 25 miles around Pacific Grove, Carmel, Pebble Beach,
Monterey, Etc. Along toward the end of the cruise the clutch started acting
strange. It now works fine as long as you are not in a rush. When you shift
with any urgency at all, the clutch wants to stay depressed. If you shift at
a normal speed and let off the gas as you shift the pedal returns just fine.
If you try any manner of speed shifting the pedal kind of hangs up or at
least is very slow in engaging. No slippage or anything once it is engaged.

Pressure plate, disk and release bearing are all Datsun 210 parts. The slave
is a 1275 slave cylinder mounted with Paul A's bracket that places the bleed
screw in the proper orientation and uses an adjustable push rod. The system
has about 3000 miles on it.

Any ideas? I've never experienced this symptom before.

BTW Thousands and Thousands of Corvettes were here this weekend. Every year,
color, shape
or size that you could think of plus a few that you would never think of.
There was a brand new one that had a body styled just like a 1953 Corvette
(always my favorite). It looked just like a 53, only bigger. I went to get
my camera and when I came back it was gone so never found out what it was or
got any pictures. Anyone know if this is something being done by GM or was
it just a custom job. It had New Mexico plates on it.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com