Re: [midgetsprite] LBC's in the movies

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] LBC's in the movies
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:37:47 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net >
Well Bob,  I still say OUCH everytime I see one of the cars smashed up.  I have
had discussions with some of the FX guys from TV and the flicks and am aware of
how they do get away with smasihing up so much rolling iron.  But it still
gives us car lovin guys a jolt when we see the carnage.  We know they can't all
have unlimited lives like the General Lee did every time the Duke boys ramped
him into oblivion.
 PilotRob@webtv.net wrote:Guys:

Those pristine old cars are anything but....no "insides" and mediocre
fixed up shells with new paint; not the
car you see a "close-up" of, beforehand.

It's mostly all "smoke and mirrors" and
we all know a great deal more about that
today, then we did yesterday, eh??! :)

Cap'n. Bob
    '60 :{)