Heater Valve Base

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater Valve Base
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:16:33 -0400
Hey All,

Last night I went on a rescue mission for my son (Rob).  The Heater valve on
his 73 pulled out of the mounting flange on the back of the head.  There
were no threads left on the base, but the valve was in perfect shape.

In looking for a replacement in my "pile" I found 3 or 4 (Pot metal) base
flanges with the threads corroded away.  I also found one base flange which
was made of brass and in perfect condition.

Here's the question; Does anyone know what application the brass heater base
came from and where  can they still be purchased.

Kevin V.