RE: 3/8" wheel studs to 7/16"

To: "Stephen R Kirlin" <steve.kirlin@wgint.com>, "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g7SGLk707217
Subject: RE: 3/8" wheel studs to 7/16"
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:21:40 -0500 ocal>
Hi Stephen, here's what I did.  Anyway you look at it, it's a PITA but you'll
be glad you did it.  Just go to a hot rod shop or a Jegs catalog and purchase
the studs.  They usually come in 5-paks.  Get the grade 8 variety usually
intended for dirt track racers, 7/16" x 2-7/8" x about a 0.5" knurl is what I'm
using.  There are other sizes available.  Remove your rotating hubs, front and
rear, carefully knock out the old studs, then take the hubs and studs to your
machinist who will enlarge the holes to the proper diameter for the knurl.
Then, carefully press in the new studs so the knurl firmly seats.  I bought
wide face dirt track type lug nuts at Auto Zone for about $0.75 apiece since
I'm using KN alloy wheels.  Good Luck!!
Jack