Re: New radiator, need fan help

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: New radiator, need fan help
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:44:30 -0700
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Frank,

On the few normally belt driven fan cars of Datsun 210, some were factory
equipped with electric fans.  They used a single location switch and it was
placed in the radiator outlet hose. Just cut out a piece of hose and the switch
assembly went in.  This is certainly a lot simpler than those cars with 2 therm
switches, but it seems to have worked well.

Is there a location on the Geo radiator for a switch?  Look at your son's water
cooled VW's and see how they did it.  If I recall, they used the 2 switch setup.

There are external switches also available at speed shops for aftermarket
electric fans.  Some are adjustable, too.

Later, Paul A