Re: Radiators

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Radiators
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:19:23 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I mounted my oil cooler on the top of the steering rack behind radiator and
made a shroud out of scrap aluminum that ducts air from the top & side of the
radiator to the the oil cooler; the bottom is open. The oil & water temp stay
happy. Use 22 lb cap. Also have good ducting from the sebring bonnet to the
radiator. I seal the seams with tape- probably overkill.
 "Robert E. Shlafer"
wrote:Don-

Could not agree with you more regarding
the Speedwell Alum. Downflow. Have
one of these with electric "puller" in place
of mechanical unit and together, they work great.

May I ask.....where did you mount your
oil cooler with respect to the alum. rad.?

I have mine located on a steel "shelf" in
front of the bottom of the rad., about 2"
away. Would I fare better cooling-wise
mounting it further up toward the middle
of the rad. or in a different place altogether?

Cap'n. Bob
'60 :{)