Re: Temperature Increase at Speed & another question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Temperature Increase at Speed & another question
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:00:33 -0400 FILETIME=[ADB9CCB0:01C24F53]
Just an update.

The problem turned out to be primarily the timing being way out and secondly
the fan belt was a little slack.

The temperature now stays at the 175 - 180 degree point.
Thanks again for the help.

A new question - oil leak?
I realise that Spridgets leak oil especially my 1965 but I am not sure of
the reason.  I fill the oil level to the full mark before going on an
extended drive and upon my return the level has dropped about 1/2".
It always seems to settle at this line. I have noticed an oil film on my
rear bumper following a drive.  Could it be that I am over filling the oil?
Do I have the correct dip stick? The engine is not the original its a Sprite
948. What is the correct length for a dip stick for this engine?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Regards,

Dave

65 Midget MkII