Re: New radiator/mounting

To: Chris Kotting <ckotting@core.com>
Subject: Re: New radiator/mounting
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:27:25 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Chris Kotting wrote:

> Frank -
>
> Can you detail the "minor mounting modifications"?

Chris

I took a piece of 1/8" x 1" wide flat steel and cut it to fit across the
uprights of the rad support. Drilled and tapped 1/4 x 20 treads in it
and used bolts to bolt it to the uprights. (no nuts for quick removal)
Then I did the same where the Geo rad meets the flat steel but with
10/32s. Now the rad will come out still attached to the flat steel. It's
sort of stuck behind the steering rack where I notched the fan shrould
for clearance so it can't move backwards.
I used the original rad hoses (early Sprite originals but on a later
Sprite t/stat cover that points to the left side.)
Make sure the lowest part sits down between the frame rails.
Mine just clears the Speedwell nose. double check bonnet clearances on
other bonnets.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ