Mityvac, brake bleeding

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Mityvac, brake bleeding
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:37:40 -0700 (PDT)
I just got a mityvac for my birthday. I need some
feedback.

I rebuilt the brake master cylinder. Installed it.
Filled it with brake fluid.

Hooked up the vac, according to instructions. Pump,
pump, pump and release the bleeder valve. Do again,
again again. Move along to all four wheels. Get mostly
air. I am used to doing it as a two person job. Where
you pump the pedal, hold and release bleeder valve. So
I realize that the vacuum way does not use as much
force, but just how many cycles should it take to
bleed the mastercylinder through the lines? Could not
find instructions(nor did the MC kit come with
fittings) for bench bleeding the MC after rebuilding,
in Haynes or Leyland books, so didn't.

Shouldn't the tube running to the holding tank on the
MVac eventually fill with brake fluid and no air or
large bubbles? indicating that the system has been
purged of air?  Maybe I just quit to soon.

TIA, cheers, bill b. 69 sprite (dual brake line
system, one front one back)