Oil Pressure Gague

To: Miget sprit group at Yahoo <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pressure Gague
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:43:46 -0700 (PDT)
Bobbie MG's oil pressure gague is reading really low and I am not sure if the
OP is low or the clock is wrong.  Starting up cold it shows 50 to 55 then
quickly drops after warming up.  The engine does not rattle or make any noise,
no overheating problem.  The only smoke I see is at starting the engine or if I
rev it up high sitting still.  also very very little oil leaks out after I
fixed the oil breather hose and the valve cover.  After replacing the battery
today, and finally bolting down the passenger seat I took her out for a little
ride.  I rode around town and had no problem with overheating at stop and go
from 0 to 45, alternator was charging well.  I took Bobbie out on the
interstate and ran at about 75 to 80 mph for over 30 minutes, had plenty of
throttle left to go and never noticed any sputter, or noise.  I did notice that
the OP was only at about 30 PSI at over 4k rpm. When I pulled off and stoped
the OP was just above 10.  Worried I took Bobbie MG home to the 4 O'Clock
garage.  Now one of you old timers tell me how I can check the gague.   Maybe
someone can loan me a known good gague for a 1972 model 1275.

Thanks in advance,  Lon / RedMidget,  Bobbie MG 1972 RWA Midget