SAAB! no LBC KONI search!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "vintage-race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: SAAB! no LBC KONI search!
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:50:02 -0500
ok here i go!  i need your help!
i am searching for koni shocks for my race saab.  i can use shocks from all
late 1950's and all 1960's through early 70's saab model 93(sedan),
96(sedan), 97(sonett), 95 front only(wagon).  koni has agreed to custom
revalve a set of shocks for my race car IF i can provide the cores to be
rebuilt!
anyone knowing where any of these wierd cars are sitting in junk yards or
private collections i'm interested in literally used rusty what most might
consider "junk" koni shocks.   they are no longer available from koni and i
have been given astronomical prices for koni to produce a one off set from
the original engineering diagrams they still have on file!
now i know i am going crazy!  i'm searching for used junk from junk cars!
but this is what i need to get koni to help me get my car's proper period
competition shocks .
(i have been told that VW 1200 beetle shocks would fit a saab, i'd consider
those if i can fit them?)
any leads would be apreciated!
chuck
cfchrist@earthlink.net
stay tuned for serious information on the vintage saab racing group taking 2
cars(one is mine!) to france to run the vintage LeMans "classic"!
(negotiations are in the works!)