Re: desperate call for ANY condition pre-64 tonneau(or top if I can get

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: desperate call for ANY condition pre-64 tonneau(or top if I can get the frame somewhere)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:28:38 EST
In a message dated 11/8/02 7:35:03 AM, androbus@yahoo.com writes:

<< As the rain set in before I could prepare, I am screwed
again...the poor  '63 midget is sitting under a cover,
w >>

Paul:

A decent quick fix is called visquene.  Roofers and builders use it in huge
quantities to cover up exposed building surfaces when it rains, and I think
it is available in small amounts at Home Depot.  All it is is heavy guage
plastic sheeting, but under the car cover it should keep the rain out of the
cockpit of the car.

And you easterners quit laughing at us poor westerners who are totally
unprepared for a little water.  Of course if some kind soul can come up with
a soft top or hard top for your car that's best of all.

But who knows, it probably won't be raining day after tomorrow.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"
2000 Miata SE Mahogany "The Miata"
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "The Heep"
1991 Lazy Daze (Ford) "The Motorhome"