Re: Dash wiring

To: Bill Bryant <bryant@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: Dash wiring
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:28:33 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill Bryant wrote:

>Well, I am finally almost finished sorting out the wiring on my recently
>aquired '73 Midget. I had a couple of questions...
>
>My heater fan switch seems to have 3 positions(on-lo-hi) and my heater fan
>only 2(on-off)?
>
>I have done the basic detox according to lindsay...but I was wondering about
>the carb breather y-tube tha runs from between the 2 SUs to a canister on
>the front of the engine...Just leave it or what?
>
>What about crankcase ventilation?

Bill,

The heater has one speed.  Sometimes the old Lucas switchs "feel" like
they have a middle "stop" but that is just the stiff mechanics of an old
switch. (unless someone has replaced the switch with a three position
switch from another application).  I've seen headlight switches (3
position) used for the heater just because they fit in the hole in the dash.

As for the y-tube....  Leave it there.  It should provide the crankcase
ventilation your engine needs.

Kevin V.