Re: rubberized hieroglyphics

To: "Bill Hunt" <Billh@aaai.com>, "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rubberized hieroglyphics
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:43:33 -0000
Well, I stand corrected and apologise to all!

Before getting this response from Bill I had been down to measure my
tyres - they are 165s - and sure enough the 165 is the width across
the tyrewalls, not across the tread as I had thought! Actual tread
width is about 150 on these, the walls bulging out about 7mm on each
side. This dosn't work out if you measure the tyre width on the flat
bit at the bottom though, it is wider there. ;-)

So apologies, but I have learn't something new.
Thanks Bill.

Guy
PS usefull link - a good site even if they do spell "tyre" wrongly!