Adjustments

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Adjustments
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:04:04 -0600
In an effort supported and suggested by my female co-workers to adjust my
attitude, I decided to take GFT SPRT for a spirited jaunt this afternoon.
        Now realize, it's been at most 35F for the past week or so, and I'm
living
in a house with visquine for walls, and no enclosure for the basement;
where the wind whistles through our temporary kitchen, but at least the
bottle caps don't end up on the floor. (They go right to the cellar) I wake
up and go to work in the dark, my office has no windows, and I go home in
the dark, unless I stop at the curling club to spray cold water on the ice
for a few hours.    It gets to you. And it's not even winter yet.
        Anyway, back to the Sprite. It got to 50 today and so I thought I'd
"take
'er for a spin". GFT SPRT is nearing the end of its current incarnation
with plans for it to be a donor for a 65 body recently acquired with the
help of WST. I thought I'd give it a treat and wash it..... top off, of
course. Before you wash it, you have to heat it up, right? (go with me
here) So I was flogging it a bit, well, maybe more than a bit.. I mean it
was running soooo well. Railroad tracks, sideways, bumps..  The only
evidence I was having a problem was the loud, unmuffled sound. OK, so I
ripped the muffler off. Slipped it back on, and off we go to the car wash.
Ripped the muffler off again getting in the place. Back on, and leave again
to get some change since $5.00 is waaay to much to wash a topless Sprite.
Muffler off again while leaving, push back on, go buy a pop (soda to you
coastals), return to the car wash, MOSO (muffler off slip on) and wash it.
It's truly stunning. Frank's work, btw. Leave car wash, MOSO, drive to a
tavern, MOSO. Got to see if frittering works as well when not in Stevens
Point, ya know. It worked well enough.
        Stumble back out to the street and noticed some ass had pushed the left
rear tire backward, and it sits a bit lower. THAT's why it handled funny.
Rear spring shackle's flat to the trunk floor. Dang. Drive back to work, 2
more MOSOs. Call ahead to announce my impending arrival, and suggest they
open the garage door before I get there as it's a PITA to get out, open the
door, etc. without a parking brake. I come wheeling around the corner of
the building, preparing to land only to find a part-time employee has
parked ALMOST completely blocking the entrance. A quick flick of the wheel,
several ABSlike pedal pumps, and she's parked with nary a scratch amid
smoking tire (rubbing) and brakes.... oh, and the Springsteen tape ended.
         She's parked. She's going to get naked. A great ending to a great
gift,
although, like the Phoenix she'll rise again..... or most of her.
        Truly been a pleasure. Thanks to all who helped. You know who you are.

        Peter C
                imbetternow.