Re: Australian Holidays & gourds

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Australian Holidays & gourds
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:34:41 -0600
Grab it, guys!  Here's our chance to get off of guns and get on the
gourd-wagon!
Gourds are good.
They make excellent pets and do not slobber.
With effort and patience, they can be taught to hunt.
When dried and judiciously filled with cement mix, they can be used as
weapons.
Broken and coated with casting acrylic, and they make a good wheel chock.
Say, gourds are a lot like cats!
JohnD
==================================

Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 02:05:36 -0500
From "conan" <conan at intrex.net>
Subject: Australian Holidays?   (NO LBC)

  Hello Aussie friends!
  Simple question for y'all...
  What are the most recognized, purely Australian holidays?
  I have a friend who is 'wood-burning' a map of Australia and pictures of
native animals onto a very large gourd to be entered in competition at the
North Carolina Gourd Society's next annual gourd festival (Sept. 2003).  He
plans to enter it into the 'holiday' themed class and doesn't know what
holiday to list for it. :-)  Recommendations?
  www.twincreek.com/gourds     <<-- NC Gourd Society website
 Thanks!
     Ed in NC

- --