Desmog,somemore

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Desmog,somemore
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:03:49 -0800 (PST)
My 69 Sprite was desmogged by the PO and seems to be
ok. I imagine I will put some kind of filter on the
open hole in the timing cover but my real question has
to do with the bolts in the head. When the PO removed
the smog pipes/hoses/whatevers he plugged the holes in
the head with four bolts that each protude about one
inch. Sort of a Frankenstein look.

I remember someone on the list saying they replaced
theirs with allen wrench type plugs/bolts. Does anyone
remember the size? I figured I had better have them on
hand when I remove the old ones or they may be harder
to find than I want.

The old bolts have a glop of white silicone around
each one, like to prevent leaks. I sure hope he didn't
jam in some oddball, wrong thread size, bolts. Either
way they are ugly and must go.

TIA, bill b. '69 Sprite