heading for sumit point friday "early"!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: heading for sumit point friday "early"!
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:20:46 -0500
well gang tonight finds me building a gear box, painting a set of fiberglass
doors, laying up a set of fiberglass doors in molds, and going through my
spares for saab stuff.   i'm lending my saab sedan (most of the weekend) to
my friend jon to get someseat time on his new vintage racing credentials.
me?  i'm preparing to take my father's last ride the saab powered sports
racer to this event.   i have been doing all sorts of silly things to it
preparing it for the track.  excitement is clouded by the knowledge that the
first time my father drove ths car in competition (fall 1967) he spun it
into a tree.   i already know the car is a very sensitive car.   i'm taking
it with a short track / autocross gear set in it so my top speeds wil lbe
very reduced from it's capeable speeds with a higher final drive ratio.
we'll see if it is fun or a death ride after 1 track session friday.   wish
me luck.   i might need it?

chuck.
light enough to finally fit in the 800lb car now!  :)