Re: Do an LBC have soul? (fwd)

To: Mini lista <mini-list@autox.team.net>, Sprite "és" Midget Lista <spridgets@autox.team.net> FreeWeb Explorer 6.0 HUN; Q312461) 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gATGG6v6031484
Subject: Re: Do an LBC have soul? (fwd)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:09:53 +0100 (CET)
Greetings Captn',

The brake fluid was flowing out at the back-right drum, the
slave cylinder was leaking. The only things which has not
been changed during the retoration period...
The engine behaves fine. No sign of the brake-down. Even
the burnt smell disappiered. As I recalled, it may have
been the crankcase wentilation. One connection was loose.
Otherwise the smell was not like burning ferodol, but
rather some kind of burnt plastic. But I have not found the
source yet. Only suspect the crankcase wentillation. The
knocking sound must be due to a loose engine mount. It
comes into sight only when accelerating, or decelerating
hard. I will tarck it down till today evening.

Best to You:
FGG & "Sir Bors the Smallest Knight Around the Table"

'64 Morris Mini 850 (MG Mini)
'70 Austin Healey Sprite

Robert E. Shlafer <PilotRob@webtv.net> mrta:

> Well-
>
> I am a Sprite rather than Mini person but
> I would suspect the burning smell might
> come from the clutch area of the mechanicals, especially
since it has
> developed noises when changing gears
> "coincidently".
>
> On the other hand:
> I'd also check the fluid level for the brakes
> as well. Assuming you check and top this
> off regularly, where did this fluid disappear to? Brake
fluid, oil, etc.