Dueling Engines

To: PilotRob@webtv.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Dueling Engines
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:42:45 EST
Hi Cap'n Bob,
It would be interesting to trade rides some day, as we started with the same
motor, and the same sources for info and parts, but my engine specs are quite
different from yours.
I have a 1275 overbored 40/1000's.  I think the Vizard calculated this as
a1312cc.  The Perrys suggested for the 'street motor' I wanted, to not exceed
9.1 to 1 compression.  They set up an aluminum head for me, and recommended
the 276 cam kit.  My local builder added 1.3 rockers, and new rod and engine
bolt kits from Mini Mania, and APT.  Then a two box RC 40 system, with LCB
header, a Cooper dizzy with Pertronix & coil.  I started with the stock
carbs, just to get it up and running.  Then last week I ordered an HIF6,
manifold and filter from  SU Midel in OZ.
I think you mentioned a while ago, that you were getting the same carb.  Have
you tried it yet?  Mine should arrive in another week.
I have the four speed for now, and the standard rear axle.  After I get some
hours on it next Spring, I'll consider a 5 speed.  Or has anyone done a six
speed yet?
Happy Holiday,
Ray Lynch