Re: 3rd brake light (was Re: Connection cleaning) Jan 2003 16:24:29 -080

To: acid_lead@yahoo.com (George Tylinski)
Subject: Re: 3rd brake light (was Re: Connection cleaning) Jan 2003 16:24:29 -0800 (PST)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:18:07 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"Glare produced by third brake light
with top up"

Yes, George, it does.....

but not to the extent I find it bothersome
though of course, at first I did. It always
takes a little while to get used to something new and this is no
exception.

Now I notice it if it doesn't light up!

I also have a windbocker lexan shield
mounted just aft of the rollbar, the
Moss light mounted just forward of this.

Very little glare in this respect though,
as the Moss light is mounted very close to
the lexan as opposed to the top's
"window" upon which the light is more
"diffused" considering the top's rear
window is further away from the lens.

But, this is better than getting hit from
the rear!! Especially with more SUV's
on the road, not to mention the truck
traffic on RT. 95 which I use from time
to time. I didn' worry about this with my
'67 and '74 Spridgets because they had
more light back there, especially in terms
of "reflectability" in terms of useable surface. Much more easily seen
than the
two smaller BE rear lights. The rear lighting on the '74 consisted of an
amber
and red tail light combined. This was
very effective in lighting up the rear.

So, I decided to copy the '74's red/amber
idea to the extent I could on the Bugeye,
by firstly converting the rear directional
lights to combo running/directionals, same as the front.

Then I converted over to amber lenses
for all running lights. Night and day
difference, from all angles. Car now
"shows up" a lot better under all