A. A. A. D. D. (Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: A. A. A. D. D. (Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:16:42 -0800
I think more than a few of you will be able to relate to this. Enjoy...

Gerard

>They have finally found a diagnosis for my condition.
>
>I have recently been diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D.
>
>- Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder...
>

>This is how it goes:
>
>I decide to wash the car; I start toward the garage and
>
>notice the mail on the table.
>
>OK, I'm going to wash the car.
>
>But first I'm going to go through the mail.
>
>I lay the car keys down on the desk, discard the junk mail and I notice the
>trash can is full.
>
>OK, I'll just put the bills on my desk and take the trash can out,
>
>but since I'm going to be near the mailbox anyway,
>
>I'll pay these few bills first.
>
>Now, where is my checkbook? Oops, there's only one check left. My extra
>checks are in my desk.
>
>Oh, there's the coke I was drinking.
>
>I'm going to look for those checks.
>
>But first I need to put my coke further away from the computer,
>
>or maybe I'll pop it into the fridge to keep it cold for a while.
>
>I head towards the kitchen and the fish catch my eye, they
>need to be fed.
>
>I set the coke on the counter and uh oh!
>
>There are my glasses. I was looking for them all morning! I'd
>better put them away first. Oh damn the flowers need watering.
>
>I fill a container with water and head for the flower pots -
>
>Aaaaaagh! Someone left the TV remote in the kitchen.
>
>We will never think to look in the kitchen tonight when we want to watch
>television so I'd better put it back in the family room where It belongs.
>
>I throw some food at the fish, splash some water into the pots and onto the
>floor,
>
>I throw the remote onto a soft cushion on the sofa and I head back down the
>hall trying to figure out what it was I was going to do?
>
>End of Day:
>
>The car isn't washed,
>
>the bills are unpaid,
>
>the coke is sitting on the kitchen counter,
>
>the flowers are half watered,
>
>the checkbook still only has one check in it
>
>and I can't seem to find my car keys!
>
>When I try to figure out how come nothing got done today,
>
>I'm baffled because I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY LONG!!!
>
>I realize this is a serious condition and I'll get help, BUT
>
>FIRST I think I'll check my e-mail...
>

>Please send this to everyone you know because
>
>I DON'T REMEMBER WHO I'VE SENT THIS TO!!!
>
>But please don't send it back to me or I might send it to you again.

Search for Low Airfares, Great Hotel Deals,
Car Rental Discounts and Vacations and Cruises
http://partner.onetravel.com/go/go.cfm?GoID=32421

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com