Air Cleaner question

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air Cleaner question
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:37:49 -0800 (PST)
Finally got Bugsy's gas line fixed by replacing 1/2 of line with new copper ice
maker tubing from Lowes. Thanks Frank for the advice. Reran line and all is
fine with the world. Bugsy got out of garage for first time in a month
yesterday and is really happy.

I had air cleaner off and noticed the extra hole in the base of the air cleaner
which matches up with a corresponding hole on the SU-2 carb. I had front base
on upside down meaning holes did not line up while rear air cleaner was aligned
correctly. Could this be the reason why my idle speed has now dropped from
minimum of 1,300-1,400 down to 900-1,000 rpm. Still want to get it lower but
have a leak around throttle shaft. I can live with 900 RPM idle speed and not
spend money to get throttle shafts redrilled on front carb.  Thanks for the
help.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH