Re: Tioga Pass Hillclimb

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tioga Pass Hillclimb
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:39:38 EST
In a message dated 3/6/03 6:06:37 AM, PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

<< And, I didn't hear any remarks about overheating either, the fact Bob
was
smart enough to have the application
"dialed in" at Judson's PA facility, not-
withstanding. >>

I keep telling you guys that I didn't know Sprites were supposed to
overheat--with or without Judsons--until I read about it on the list.  I
drove mine regularly 183 miles into the desert to Yuma, over a small range of
mountains (4000' or so at the passes) in temperatures over 100.  My folks
were living out there at the time.  However. . .

As a seasoned desert rat, I absolutely never ventured out there without a
gallon bleach bottle full of water in the boot.  Just in case.  It was the
kind of water I could drink in an emergency, too.  On one occasion I was
driving to work and ran across a guy stranded in his Triumph.  He said he was
overheated, so I pulled out the bleach bottle and gave it to him, then took
off.  (Plastic bleach bottles were free.)

A couple of days later, the guy walks into Bob's lab with the bottle and a
story about Bob's girl friend saving his engine and the least he could do was
return the spare radiator.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"