Re: Tioga Pass Hillclimb EST

To: Ankitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tioga Pass Hillclimb EST
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:08:40 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Annice...

The "overheating" remark was made for
the benefit of the boys on the Judson
list. It was intended to show the Judson
basically worked just fine as long as you
used fuels of the recommended octane
which are no longer available at reasonable prices at the "corner pump".

You and Bob proved that with your Tioga
Pass hillclimb. While I've not talked to
Bob with respect to what Judson may
have done in tuning your application within their PA facility, I am
almost willing
to bet it consisted basically of checking
the distributor for proper operaton, limiting
the mechanical advance to about 28 degrees total while possbily
disconnecting the vacuum advance, and installing
colder Champ. plugs....like N3's in
place of the original N5's.

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog