Re: RHD/LHD conversion 2003 12:07:29 -0600

To: toyman@digitex.net (Brad Fornal)
Subject: Re: RHD/LHD conversion 2003 12:07:29 -0600
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 07:44:56 -0500 (EST)
Cc: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca (Robert Duquette), Spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridgets)
Well, Bradster...

Up here we had about 5" of snow yesterday,,,sunny today and it may get
to 30F today. It was 10F outside my window this AM! However, looking at
a high of about 50F tomorrow!! Warm
front moving in from SW for day or two.

Yep, front end alignment
is one of the things they checked on an
inspection for initial registration by a new
owner, 2-3 years ago, anyway.

I was very lucky I think, for I had a helluva
nice guy who was into bikes (Nortons and
Triumphs as I recall) so in terms of an
appreciation for vintage machinery of some sort, we had something in
common.
I mean his eyes sort of lit up when he saw
the Frogeye sitting there, glistening
in the morning sun as he came out of
the building into the garage, sipping his
coffee to begin his day. Showed him the
invoice covering front end renewal and
I was his best new buddy!!

But he knew his stuff, too. "Allright, let's
take a look at the floors and front end",
right off the bat. So, he knew what to
look for. As soon as he said "front end"
I handed him the invoice on renewal.

I had many brownie points going in...
"Now this is the way to show
up for a DMV inspection. All right!!"