ASS Part 4

To: "Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: ASS Part 4
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 08:27:06 -0600
As many of you know, my father had an angioplasty procedure in FL a few
weeks ago. He went to the doctor for a follow up visit, and for some tests
the doctor'd ordered. The med tech that comes into the room has no idea how
to take his blood pressure. Then, a few moments later, there;s all sorts of
angry discussion in tha hall, as its discovered that the have the chart for
a different george Thompson.  (In fact, they have 3 Geo. Thompson
patients... and you guys wonder why I go by the name of Severin as opposed
to William, another common name). Anyway, Dad is completely disgusted, and
his confidence in any decent medical care down there is shaken. He calls,
and asks me to make arrangements to fly my mother and him home. He asks
about shipping his car home, but brother Don and I decide we'll fly down and
drive it back. So, on the Friday following the return from San Diego, Don
and I fly into Jacksonville, FL. We arrive around 8 PM, hop in my folks car,
and drive straight thru the night home... about a 15-16 hour trip. We took
turns, 2 to 3 hours each at the wheel, while the other slept in the back
seat with the pillow my Mother had thoughtfully left for us. The key to this
arrangement was, when it was your turn to sleep, you had to remember to turn
the pillow over, otherwise you'd be sleeping in your brother's slobber. The
key sequence of driving/pillow turning/sleeping had to be adhered.

At various times thru the night, I'm waking myself up with my own snoring...
the sound is like a combination of Curly Howard, and Mr. Ed. Other than some
fog in the mountains, and some rain, its relatively uneventful. Since we're
coming back thru Indianapolis, we decide to make a short detour thru
Logantucky, and visit Elmo (Jim Donato, in Logansport, IN). I happen to know
that other Thickos, Gary "grenade" Kropf, and his Homo Club Posse pit crew
(Carl & Rich) are at Jim's dealership in Logantucky reassembling a couple of
gearboxes for grenade's race car. Also, the 28' enclosed trailer I bought
from Bernie "Youse Guys"  and Barb "Mrs Cleavage" Nevoral is stashed at
Jim's place. I wanted to refamiliarize myself with it, as I was going to
come back down to Logantucky in afew weeks and drag it home.

It was nice to see everyone... there's something about seeing your race
buddies during the off season. It sort of helps you to "connect the dots"
until race season starts. It's always a trip thru time to visit Donato and
Sons Motors... sort of like a trip in Mr Peabody's Way Back Machine... you
feel vaulted back to an earlier time in automotive history. We socialize a
little while, poke around a bit, get a lousy couple of burgers, and hit the
road.

We're home at my folks house in Libertyville by 4, even with the detours,
delays, and fog.

Soon, Duallyville will be heading back to NM....

Part 5 to come