BCW 2003

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: BCW 2003
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 13:37:03 -0500
Hello Everyone,

This is an annual pre-springtime reminder about a very special British car
event called British Car Week. This year celebrates the seventh annual British
Car Week, and judging by the various reports I have been receiving from around
the world, there is a lot of enthusiasm toward our little cars. This
enthusiasm comes from all walks of life, spread all over the globe, and it's
great to know that mankind can enjoy a hobby that also helps spread
camaraderie and human kindness toward one another. Thanks to all of the
volunteers who take it upon themselves to help promote this event. Their
efforts are why it continues to grow annually. I believe our hobby is thriving
as much as ever these days, and the success is attributed to the supportive
clubs, helpful businesses, publications, and enthusiastic car owners who are
enjoying all of the many aspects of classic British car motoring.

This year's celebrated week (including both weekends) is scheduled for May 24
through June 1. I'm sure by now most of you are familiar with British Car
Week, but for those who are not, I'll explain. It is an annual awareness week
intended for all British car owners to make an earnest effort to get their
cars out of the garage and onto their local roads as often as possible, and
share their special pride and joy with the rest of their community. Instead of
hoping to spread awareness by attracting people to museums or field meets, we
take the car show to the road for all to see. This will help create an
awareness of our cherished classic automobiles for those who normally wouldn't
be exposed to them. The sights and sounds of these awesome cars will indeed
attract the eye's, ears, and hearts of new enthusiasts, which will help
continue their preservation for many years to come. After all, who could
possibly resist!?

When you get the chance to answer questions about your car to a curious
onlooker, be sure to tell them all about the supportive people, clubs,
businesses, vast selection of parts and supplies, interesting magazines and
books, and most important of all, the never-ending entertainment these cars
provide.

So put on your goggles and driving gloves, and be sure to top off your
dashpots!  It's time to have some fun!!

See you on the road,

Scott Helms

BritCarWeek@arczip.com