New Mexico, Texas listers?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: New Mexico, Texas listers?
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 17:06:59 EST
Yesteray it went up to 40 around here, a tremondous thunderstorm came
through, it rained about an an inch an a half, and then the temperature
dropped to 5 degrees Fahrenheit!  I like winter in the winter, but this is
March and it sucks.  Then I read through all 5 volumes of the Adventures of
Flounder the Cheesehead, and I says to myself....what you need is a quick
trip to New Mexico (it's warm there, right?).

Well, a quick cruise through ebay and I discover a selection of desireable
cars down in the southwest, any one of which could be reason enough to dig
out the Tony Lamas and get the hell out of Michigan for a few days.  Then, #2
son knocks the door mirror off of my beater Honda while backing it out of the
taj garage, and that settles it.  I need a car with a rear view mirror.  It's
the law!  I blow on the dice of fate and roll 'em out into the
cybermarketplace.  And now I find myself the high bidder on a 2002 Mini
Cooper S in Las Cruces (it's warm there, right?).  And a call to Southwest
Airlines gets me a seat to El Paso at the end of the month.

So, any listers in Las Cruces?  I figure to drive the Mini across the Land of
Big and make it an existential experience of contrasts.  It's been a few
years since I've driven from Texas to Ann Arbor, and the last time I was
sleeping in the back of a truck and heating water over a sterno can.

-John Deikis