Re: Fuel regulator

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel regulator
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:58:02 -0500
Cc: Alex Volk <talla@TELUSPLANET.NET>, Kevin Valentine <valntine@ptd.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert E. Shlafer wrote:

> Can you imagine putting in a non-fuel
> resistant diaphragm is a product handling
> fuel.....words fail me!! :)

That is why mine leaked also. Hummm
But the best was when my brother had a VW beetle (original style) and
bought some "fuel" line from Pepboys. Came home, put it on, got 15 miles
away and called me. The *fuel* hose melted with gasoline.
No it was not vacuum hose, nor water hose. The scrap on his workbench
read "1/4" fuel line not intended for high pressure fuel injection" or
something like that. It turned to black goop.
Must be that new and improved modern technologically advanced
generically altered rubber tree. the same rubber three that they use for
Spridget rubber bits. Or is it "They don't make things like they used to?"

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ