Almost crispy critter

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Almost crispy critter
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 19:06:55 EST
The wife and I went for a drive last Sunday, 35 miles up the interstate to
visit daughter and grandson.

On the way back we smelled smoke, pulled over and opened the hood and was met
with flames. No fire extinguisher so I pulled the plastic water reservoir I
installed for the radiator and doused the flame. We made it home and today I
found a bolt for the exhaust header had come loose and exhaust gasses were
blowing at the wires that go down to the starter, fixed that and then went
for a drive.

Got about 5 miles away and overheating occurred, found a hose had been
damaged by the fire. I pulled over and put some swamp water in the radiator
to get back home.

Lesson learned, have a fire extinguisher on board, also have extra water too.

Jerry Lucky Rein
73 Gidget Midget with a Toyota engine
Naples Florida