Re: supercharging and octane

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <BANJOJOHN@aol.com>
Subject: Re: supercharging and octane
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:09:56 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I've suggested this before, and taken some heat for it, but try going to your
local tiny airport with a couple of gas cans.  Fill up on 100LL.  It's 100
octaine, and LOADED with lead, contrary to it's nomer as LL (low lead).  Lead
was used in car fuel, and is still used in AVGAS not only to lubricate the top
end but to decrease detonation.

I have not done this as I don't have a blower, but it should work wonderfully.
Of course it's not very legal, but anything in the interest of boomin' and
zoomin'.

Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit "Yellow Peril"
'72 Innocenti 1300 Mini