Star Trek (NO LBC - NOT PC)

To: Spridget Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Star Trek (NO LBC - NOT PC)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:00:06 -0800
Just received this from nephew (& Trekkie) in Army on way to Middle East

Star Trek

The Iraqi Ambassador to the UN had just finished giving a speech, and
walked out into the lobby where he met President Bush. They shook hands
and as they walked the Iraqi said, "You know, I have just one question
about what I have seen in America." President Bush said "Well, anything
can do to help you, I will."  The Iraqi whispered "My son watches this
show 'Star Trek' and in it there is Chekov who is Russian, Scotty who is
Scottish, and Sulu who is Chinese, but no Iraqis. He is very upset. He
doesn't understand why there aren't any Iraqis on Star Trek." President
Bush laughed, leaned toward the Iraqi ambassador, and whispered back,
"It's because it takes place in the future .

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA