FWIW Midget for sale(not by me)

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: FWIW Midget for sale(not by me)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:08:04 -0800 (PST)
Found this in the thrifty nickel.

  Amarillo, TX   |   View other Cars in Amarillo
CITYZONING PEOPLE after me again Must sell: 1975 MG
Midget, 1970 MGB, 1988 Tempo, 1992 Grand Am, 1977
Thunderbird, 1985 Firebird, 1988 Firebird. 3800 Polk,
376-7952. Ask for Dave before 4:00 pm

Was by there today. His name is Dave Hansen, seems to
be an amiable guy. Fairly decent car for a parts car.
He's asking $300. It's a reddish midget with the lower
rocker panels black. Standard rust on the wings and
rockers. Has four (countem 4) wheels and tires. The
tires appear to have some air in them, so it probably
would be dragable, but a car dolly would be better.
1500 type engine. he said it used to run but he blew
something when he tried to hot wire it. Dizzy cap is
off, rotor out. PO removed the fuelpump. Bonnet lifts
off. Not bolted at hinges. The hood appears to be
there, under some junk. Windshield and frame is
removed and laying across car. Looks like a lot of
parts for $300. The whole thing is under a shed. He
told me he has an Oklahoma title. I would like to have
it, but don't see much sense in messing with the
Spitfire engine/trans, since I understand it would not
be better than my 1275 PLUS the neighbors (possibly
with the help of my wife) would separate me from
important body parts if I put it in either my driveway
or yard. Funny how picky some people are. :-)

Furthermore, I have no vested interest in this thing,
except looking for a good home for a bundle of parts.
I don't know the guy, only have a cursory view of the
outward appearance of the car and will probably be out
of town when you come to pick it up `:-p).
Area code for Amarillo is 806.

cheers, bill b. 69 Sprite