S.U. fuel pump????

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: S.U. fuel pump????
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:16:12 -0500
Listers

I bought and installed an S.U. fuel 25 YEARS AGO. I have never had a problem
with the pump in all those years.
Does anyone know how long these things last? As we all know its one of those
parts that may quit and leave you stranded at the most inopportune time. I was
planning a couple of long trips this summer. I  was looking at a rebuild kit
which is about $49.00 at V.B. but for a few more dollars I can buy a new one,
and hopefully be worry free for another 25 years.
Any ideas
Thanks
Greg Higgins
P.S.
gas is down to $3.50 a gallon (regular) in Canada