Re: Just plain ranting - NO LBC 2003 08:31:51 -0500

To: cbking@alum.rpi.edu (Chris King)
Subject: Re: Just plain ranting - NO LBC 2003 08:31:51 -0500
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:01:57 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Oh...yeah...

You are totally right with respect to
consenting adults, Chris.

The problem is that boy scouts are not of
that age, necessarily, and parents are
concerned their kid might be led astray
by someone of less than honorable
integrity. I mean, look what the church
is going through. This then, is the concern. On the other hand, I had an
experience at the age of 12 when an
adult came on to me. Fortunately, he
respected my right to say no. Otherwise?

This whole situation is very unfortunate
because two good aquaintances of mine
are the fellows who used to own and run
the Long Ridge Tavern. Without them, the
place would certainly have gone out of business and I would've lost my
favorite "watering hole" of the last 20 years or so. The Long Ridge
Tavern is a converted old
barn. There are no such other places
around my immediate locale.

Both Anthony and Arthur were successfully retired from their
chosen professions, one a NYC CFO, the other was a senior buyer for
years for
Brooks Brothers, also of NYC. Both
were very successful in their chosen
professions....both are very well to do.

Arthur was the "front man" extrovert
with his Brooks Bros. attire greeting
all concerned and responsible for the
decoration of the "new" place and Anthony
the quiet introvert (though both nice guys)
who did the ordering and kept his eye
on the pesos. Great guys, both of them.

They have also been life personal partners for more than 20 years.

They bought the Tavern from the PO who
couldn't make it work. It was about to close. These fellows remade the
place
and turned it around, then sold it for an
easy quarter-mil+ profit. An extremely
hard working Yugoslavian couple bought
the place as a turn-key operation. Very
nice couple with three college age kids.

But were it not for Arthur and Anthony
the place wouldn't even exist today..it
most likely would have been torn down
and converted into small stores.

I still see these fellows around town as
they continue to make money in other
"projects" and enjoy their lives together.

Always a friendly wave, always a friendly
"Hi, how're you doing" and time for small
talk,etc. just like any other buddy, sexual
persuasion notwithstanding. I like both
these guys and have from day one. Very
nice people and smart as whips.

Me, personally...I like girls. Have been
married three times and keep adding to
the list occasionally but at this point, don't
marry them 'cause I love my single life
just the way it is and am not about to
change a thing! But, I've a warm place
in my heart for Arthur and Tony, to be
sure. Occasionally they drop into the
Long Ridge Tavern....I buy both one
of whatever they are having...problem
is, I don't always get to to buy...I sorta
have to stand in line! :)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)