Iraq Related (NO LBC)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Iraq Related (NO LBC)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:53:33 -0500 (EST)
Hi All,
Colin Powell is one of the most underrated guys we are fortunate enough to have
on our side.  This is only one of the
many one-liners he has uttered in his career.
Rusty

Subject: Something to think about

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the
Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just
an example of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying that "Over the years the US has sent many of its great
young men and women into great peril to fight for
freedom beyond  our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for is
enough to bury those that did not return."

Powell's comment pretty much silenced the room