Re: idle engine advice

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: idle engine advice
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:49:28 -0600
>I also remember from my
>younger days removing the distributors on american V8s and spinning the oil
>pump with a drill for a while before starting up the motor.

Mark, Mark, Mark,
You were Supposed to have an old distributor with the teeth ground off of
the gear and the plate and advance mechanisn removed. With that chucked into
a 1/2" drill and slipped into place you would actually get oil pressure
throughout that smallblock Chevy engine rather than just the main bearings
as you would with just a long blade to the oil pump ;-) I wish there were a
way of doing this on the A-Series, but I haven't seen such a thing.
Just my usual unhelpful self I guess...
David Lieb
RWA Midgets