Rear leaf spring seating pads

To: spridgetlist <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear leaf spring seating pads
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 19:17:01 -0700 (PDT)
Looking at my admittedly aged car, it appears the pads are not doing very much
since there is very nearly metal-to-metal contact between the fancy-shaped caps
above and below it.

Has anyone tried replacing these with solid metal blocks? I think Paul A.
mentioned this concept in an old post I saw in the archive. Axle location and
possibly roll stiffness would be imporved (to the limited extent that the
rubber is allowed to compress before bottoming). At the expense of higher
stress in the spring and potentially more road noise.

- GT / 73 Midget / Portland, OR