RE: Trans DIY Rebuild (was smoothcase idea)

To: "'Jim Juhas'" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>, "'Paul A. Asgeirsson'" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Trans DIY Rebuild (was smoothcase idea)
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 11:31:00 -0400
Cc: GMGoodman@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Jim, I have rebuilt the ribcase in both my cars with good results and no
prior LBC experience.  I believe a smmothcase with it's "shrunk on"
syncros may be more difficult, but then a ribcase will fit right in so
why bother unless originality is at stake.  I think most people with
some mechanical abilities, a good service manual and some patience would
be surprised at how easy it can be.

Dan Walters
'63 Sprite
'74 Midget
Brick NJ

Paul, and others:

My question: do many listers here do their own transmission work?  When
I spoke of this at my car club meeting, people seemed surprised that an
amateur mechanic would tackle a job like this.  (Maybe they were
surprised that I was able to do it?)

---