Surprise!

To: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Surprise!
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 06:36:11 -0700 (PDT)
Guess I should have planned on it. Decided to attack the driver's side rocker
panel with a sanding disk and rotary drill in preparation for repainting. New
rockers had been installed on the car by P.O. but it appears that they had
never been reapinted in other than what it on the rockers when they come from
mfg. Was touching up some pinhole rust spots and nicks, just superficial stuff
when I decided to run the sanding disk over that little bubble on the bottom of
the cowl. YEEEEEEEECH! Bondo and Rust!!!!!!! Discovered the typical 2" hole
under there that I patched with some new metal. MAPP Gas torch works to braze
in some metal patch but I definitely need to invest in a welder. Still smelling
burnt things 2 days later. Anyway I used a metal screen patch over the patch I
made followed by the infamous Bondo. Any good estimates from the group on how
long a reapir like this will be good for before I need to do it right and use a
proper cowl repair panel. A close look at the passenger side cowl looks like
I've got the same problem over there just haven't gotten into it yet. In the
meantime primo top down times in Dayton, OH for the last 10 days. I love Spring
and so does Bugsy.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH