Improving Brakes

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Improving Brakes
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:45:29 -0700 (PDT)
Has anyone in the know much more so than I checked out this web
linkhttp://www.vtr.org/maintain/brake-conversion.html that describes converting
Toyota 4 Piston Front Calipers to work on a TR3/4/6. I'm curious if this is
something that would work on our Spridgets. In our quest for making these cars
faster than the manufacturer originally intended, we haven't done much that I
can see to improve a Spridgets less than stellar braking performance. Yes I've
got new pads, new shoes, rotors and drums both turned, new MC, new wheel
Cylinders, and new hoses. All is as good as it can be but I thinks there's more
available here that can be done to prevent a fast Spridget from ending up in
the trunk of the minivan in front of us that jams on the brakes as the soccer
mom isn't paying attention because she's busy arguing with her kids. How about
a discussion on improving braking performance for everyday street driving. Any
good web site links to look at. Thanks in advance for the help.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH